Vacancy posted: Saturday, 30 Jun 2012
Our client is a well-established and highly reputable global clinical CRO company, specialising in phase II and III clinical trials in CNS. We offer prospective candidates a truly exciting opportunity to join a growing and dynamic organisation and develop your career as the company grows.
Our clients employees are vital to our success and we are looking for candidates to join the company and to stay and grow with us. In return you will be rewarded with the opportunity to work on clinical trials of real scientific merit and with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development.
The Clinical Projects Director provides oversight of the company’s clinical projects and reports to the Director of Clinical Research.
- Ensures implementation of the scope of work (handover from Business Development to Clinical Project Manager), including CTMS set-up
- Oversees the implementation of CTMS system in clinical department including training requirements and project implementation
- Ensures the development and implementation of the company project plans, communication plans, training plans, TMF plans and other plans as required by the project.
- Development of standard templates for company project management tools
- Oversees the performance of projects against budget and milestones and reports on performance to Director of Clinical Research and Managing Director
- Day to day management of Clinical Project Managers and Clinical Team Leads to ensure that project milestones are met, including
- resource allocation within the clinical department
- Review of project status reports, attend project up-dates and review minutes
- First point of contact for escalation of issues by Clinical Project Managers and Clinical Team Leads
- Mentoring and staff development within the clinical department
- Identifying training needs and mentoring staff
- Assists with forecasting of appropriate operational resource needs and budget for development of business
- May provide out of office/holiday cover for Clinical Project Manager(s).
- May be required to perform additional company related duties from time to time.
- Scientific/healthcare Bachelor's degree or higher degree or nursing qualification
Detailed clinical research experience within a CRO or similar organisation
- Experience in project management and in effective team management
- Excellent line management, project management and communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of clinical trial regulations and laws, good clinical research practice (ICH GCP) and ethical guidelines.
- Computer literate with excellent IT skills.
To apply, please send your CV with current remuneration details to Ailsa Sutherland at FWB Ltd by clicking the apply button below.
Job Reference: AS/LJD/231