Vacancy posted: Friday, 29 Jun 2012
Department Community Services
Closing Date 13 July 2012
Additional Special Needs Teacher will under the direction of the Head Teacher and as advised by teaching staff, assist in meeting the support requirements of particular pupils with additional support needs. This is a permanent post based at Parklands School and is 35 hours per week term time.
- You must possess a minimum of 3 Standard Grades (Level 1, 2 or 3) or equivalent qualifications/experience is essential.
- Suitable for Job Share.
- The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exceptions) (Scotland ) Order 2003 as amended apply to this post.
- This post is subject to vetting under POCSA 2003.
- This post requires Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Registration).
We wish to advise you that this position falls within the scope of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme which came into force on Monday 28th February 2011; the scheme replaces enhanced disclosure checking arrangements for “regulated” positions. (Regulated work is the term used by the PVG Act to define the types of work which barred individuals must not do and for which PVG Scheme membership is required).
We wish to advise that should you be the preferred candidate after interview, you will be required to gain membership of the PVG scheme in relation to working with PROTECTED CHILDREN/ADULTS prior to any unconditional offer of appointment. For those candidates who are not already a member of the PVG in relation to the workforce above, the following will apply:
Not PVG Scheme Member
• The total amount for membership of the PVG Scheme is £59.00. The successful candidate will be asked to pay £41.00 to join the scheme and the Council will contribute £18.00 to your scheme membership.
• If you do not work for Argyll and Bute Council payment is essential before an unconditional offer of appointment will be made.
• If you currently work for Argyll and Bute Council, payment can be made in full or arranged to be deducted from your salary over a period of up to a maximum of 6 months.
• Methods of payment will be confirmed at interview, should you be successful for interview.
Job Reference: ARB001235
Closing Date: 13-Jul-2012
About Argyll and Bute Council
Our Council is forward looking and ambitious, continuously improving our relationship with our partners, customers and employees to ensure that we deliver the right services, by the best people, in the best way In this time of efficiency savings we are continuing to transform the Council This the best way. In this time of efficiency savings we are continuing to transform the Council. We involve and listen to our customers and communities. We take pride in delivering best value services. We are open, honest, fair and inclusive. We respect and value everyone.