Vacancy posted: Friday, 29 Jun 2012
Millipore Shipping Coordinator Livingston úCompetitive
Merck plays an integral part in the life science community, harnessing our passion and innovation to help researchers and drug producers around the world. As science advances, we advance with it, offering new insight and cutting-edge technologies helping our customers solve the world’s most challenging human health issues.
Our promise to our customers is that we’ll be there every step of the way. If you share our goals and values, and want to make your mark at a rapidly growing international company, join us and help advance the future of life science together. Merck is a division of Merck KGaA. Merck is a global pharmaceutical and chemical company with a history that began in 1668, and a future shaped by around 40,000 employees in 64 countries around the world.
Currently, we are seeking a Shipping Coordinator at our Livingston facility.
The successful candidate will be responsible for shipping activities within the Livingston facility in the realization of shipping finished product to customers. Liaison and communicate with other relevant internal and external partners to ensure smooth transition of shipments from the Livingston site.
- Provides accurate and timely the appropriate shipping documentation for all customer shipments including any overseas shipments leaving the Livingston facility, also provides any additional documentation requirements to ensure timely customs clearance where applicable.
- Schedule carriers as required for the pickup of shipments and provide documentation as required for their procedures. i.e. fax documentation in advance of shipment
- Track shipments where required and communicate promptly with customer service and the materials manager relating to any problems or changes i.e. delays, custom clearance issues
- Establish and maintain documentation of shipping methods and customer profiles.
- Ensure shipping activities remain compliant with GMP policies.
- Assist in obtaining the best available prices on shipping supplies and services.
- Generate shipping labels for customer shipments.
- Perform ERP entries as necessary to generate picking lists, packing lists, invoices etc in support of the shipping function.
- Perform ERP entries and batch paperwork as necessary to support the dispatch team and as directed by the Materials manager
- Submit permit applications to government agencies, Liaison and communicate with agency and local veterinary practices for shipment approval and documentation.
- Support other supply chain /operations functions and any other assignments as requested by the Materials manager
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 2 years shipping experience
- Good oral and writing communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Previous experience and proficient in working with ERP package systems i.e Oracle, SAP.
- Previous experience and proficient in working with Microsoft Office packages
- Previous experience in exporting goods worldwide
Merck values your talents
Merck offers an attractive international working environment, valuing your talents and training you to develop new skills. We believe in building a strong relationship with our employees.
Please apply via the Merck Careers website using requisition number: 1202312