Vacancy posted: Friday, 29 Jun 2012
* To ensure safe marine operations within the SNS Pool.
* To improve Marine Safety Performance of the SNS Pool.
Ideal candidate would have:
* Master Mariner Licence (i.a.w. STCW)
* Full DP certificate (i.a.w. IMCAM 117 para 6.3)
* Certified OVID inspector (OCIMF Inspector Training & Accreditation Guidelines)
* Certified ISM/ISO auditor
* CMID Inspector competence (i.a.w. IMCA M 149; qualifications and experience)
* Competence to investigate incidents and accidents
Ideal knowledge and experience would include:
* Experience as a master or chief officer on OSV.
* Effective communication and reporting in English in both speech and in writing.
* Competent in using MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
* To plan, execute and report on OSV audits in the SNS Pool; i.e. Bridge Team Management Audits (BTA) and OVID/CMID Audits i.a.w. SNS Pool requirements.
* To plan and execute periodic ISM audits of the relevant OSV companies (owners) according to SNS Pool policy.
* To monitor, check and report on the close-out of audit action items and advise the Pool fleet manager on formal close-out decisions.
* To take part in inspections of tank cleaning operations on board OSV's;
* To occasionally participate in SMAT audits on OSV's;
* To participate in special inspections such as tank cleaning inspections;
* To participate in marine related Incident investigations;
* To advised on and contribute to all marine related issues and related documents.
* To act as representative of the character in marine safety and technical matters.
* To promote and encourage safe working practices, and safety initiatives on board OSV's.
* To maintain good internal & external relationships with colleagues, advisers, customers, suppliers & partners.
* To keep records of all marine HSEQ incidents.
* To advise and support vessel crews on HSEQ matters.
* To participate in industry workgroups to contribute to greater safety awareness.
* To assist in the development of production of Marine memos and Safety Alerts.
* Deliver vessel spot hire briefings to Masters and crews upon charter.
Ideal candidate would have the ability to:
* Work on own initiative.
* Co-operate in a team with different specialists.
* Effectively communicate with people at all organisational levels.
* Develop new approaches to marine safety assurance.
* Clearly express views and opinions.
* Motivate ships crews at all levels.
* Identify and act upon commercial opportunities.
* Put operational risk management into practice.
Adecco is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Reference: GM 3261
Closing Date: 02-Jul-2012
Adecco is the world leader in human resource solutions, with a comprehensive service offering that includes temporary and interim staffing, outsourcing, permanent recruitment, outplacement and career services, training and consulting, with 12 locations in Scotland alone. We specialise in a number of sectors including Accountancy & Finance, Construction, Investment & Banking, Sales & Marketing, Admin & Secretarial and Call & Contact Centre. We are currently recruiting for temporary, contract & permanent staff across these sectors. Adecco act as an Recruitment Consultancy on behalf of their clients and are also an equal opportunities employer. Contact us today for a confidential conversation.