Vacancy posted: Friday, 29 Jun 2012
The Programmes Assistant will provide comprehensive administration and carry out a range of duties effectively in order to support both the administrative and academic staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To provide administrative support to the administration team, with particular responsibility for supporting procedures relating to the teaching programmes, including:
o Providing general support for the School courses, under the direction of the Programme Manager and course administrators
o To deal with routine student enquiries in person, on the phone and by email. To refer more difficult enquiries to relevant member of the administration team
o Assisting with tutorial attendance management, which involves updating MyCampus records and communicating with students and advisers of studies
o Assisting with the distribution of teaching evaluation forms
o Assisting with the preparation of teaching handouts/handbooks/Moodle sites
o Assisting with updating of teaching accommodation using the University’s Central Room Bookings and also class scheduling via MyCampus
o Assisting with the continuous assessment and examination process, including preparation for the various examination boards throughout the academic year
o Creation of Turnitin sites, setting up assignments
o Clerking of Programmes Administration team meetings, including note taking and providing action points for follow up
o Supporting the Open and Applicant Visit Days, organise copies of publicity material, assisting the set up of publicity stand, organising signage, liaising between the venue and subject area regarding tours and other specific enquiries
2. Maintenance of photocopiers, reporting faults, creating new photocopying accounts, staff training and completing meter readings.
3. Responsible for maintaining School and Subject signage, photograph information boards, as well as updating all student notice boards.
4. Provide secretarial support to Academic staff, such as photocopying, faxing, filing, arranging travel arrangements and diary management.
5. To monitor and maintain stationery within the School.
6. Providing shadow, annual leave and other cover to colleagues.
7. To use central systems e.g. PIP, T4, CMIS, Moodle, MyCampus as required, training will be provided.
8. To support the Programmes Managers as required.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
A1. Educated to VQ 2/3, Standard Grades or equivalent
A2. Computer literacy, good IT skills
B1. Knowledge of the University systems, e.g. MyCampus, PIP, Moodle, Direct Admissions, Central Room Bookings
B2. European Computer Driving License (ECDL)
C1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
C2. Tact, diplomacy and discretion
C3. Able to maintain confidentiality when dealing with personal and sensitive student data
C4. Able to work independently and unsupervised, as well as part of a wider team
C5. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
C6. Problem solving capability
D1. Willingness to learn new IT skills
E1. 1 years relevant administrative experience with qualifications or 2 years relevant experience without qualifications
F1. Experience within a higher education setting and student experience
Salary will be on the Management, Professional and Administrative Grade, level 3, £15,151 - £17,329 per annum.
New entrants to the University will be required to serve a probationary period of 6 months.
The successful candidate will be eligible to join the University of Glasgow Pension Scheme (UGPS)
Vacancy reference: 002327, closing date: 13 July 2012.
For further information and to apply, please click the apply button.
The University is committed to equality of opportunity in employment.
The University of Glasgow, charity number SC004401.
Job Reference: 002327
Closing Date: 12-Jul-2012