Vacancy posted: Friday, 29 Jun 2012
The Malcolm Group is a privately-owned and highly successful business employing over 1800 people, 450 trucks and over 5 million square feet of warehousing throughout the UK, providing integrated third party logistics solutions including bonded and non-bonded warehousing, road and rail distribution and supply chain management to a number of blue chip customers across Scotland and England.
At Alloa we are based at a major glass manufacturer’s premises and carry out stock management, warehousing and transport services across a busy 24 hour/7 day operation.
We have a vacancy for a Stock Controller to join our team. Applicants will need to demonstrate an effective understand and practical appreciation of warehousing and stock control methods and procedures and will work accurately with a keen eye for detail. Effective communication and team working skills will be necessary to work as part of our team. Working understanding of SAP and other common computer packages will be useful, though full training will be given.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Counting daily production accurately in conjunction with colleagues and customer representatives
- Carrying out and verifying daily stock checks
- Ensuring that Cycle Counts are actioned and discrepancies investigated
- Actioning Status Changes in a timely manner
- Documenting and investigating spills and losses
- Completing stock-related records as required
- Liaising with warehouse personnel with regards to stock movements and handling
Above all, you will need to demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude to organising your resources to deliver excellent service to our customer.
Please see our website - www.malcolmgroup.co.uk for further company information.
Closing Date: 28-Aug-2012