Vacancy posted: Saturday, 30 Jun 2012
Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: Puducherry India / Dundee Scotland
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR ) is a global technology company and leader in automated teller machines, self-checkouts and other self- and assisted-service solutions, serving customers in more than 100 countries. NCR 's software, hardware, consulting and support services help organizations in retail, financial, travel, healthcare and other industries interact with consumers across multiple channels.
Quality leadership in developing suppliers mfg capability to assure manufacturability of parts to NCR specification. This position will report directly to the Global Supplier Quality Manager. This position is a multi-functional role within the Supplier Quality Excellence team. It will focus on NPI and engineering specification clarity and transition of the specification to supplier. Supplier quality development and process to assure NCR quality objectives are met within supply commodities. Excellent skills in planning, organizing and project management are required.
A high level of knowledge in 8D, 5 Why, and DMAIC methodologies. A Strong history in PPAP and QMS. This position will also support Supply Line activities and other cross functional teams on Cost Reduction, and CoPQ, This senior position will also be key interface with design engineers on new product introductions and assist other SDEs in the function as needed. This lead position should require minimum supervision
Key Areas of Responsibility
· Lead new product introduction to assure product specification and its manufacturability
· Responsible for on-site supplier visits to qualify potential suppliers as well as timely assessments to ensure suppliers perform to NCR expectations
· Implements a continuous improvement culture through the use of Six Sigma methodologies by applying the appropriate defect preventions tools to ensure supplier quality improvements
· Qualify all new programs and parts revision if identified as Medium or High Risk using the PPAP process.
· Support procurement, NPI and engineering as needed with suppliers in relation to quality, part qualification and delivery of products and services
· Identify and Resolves quality issues and ensures that the Closed Loop Corrective Action process is used to drive root cause corrective action.
· Actively works on and is engaged in complex Supplier Quality-related problems, issues, or opportunities which require in-depth evaluation across multiple disciplines
· Key interface with design engineering on critical issues and new programs as required across all commodities as needed.
· Assist other SDEs as needed to resolve complex quality issues.
· Developed process and product launch process.
· Work with tooling supplier and production supplier design review
· Bachelors Degree in Engineering
· Minimum of 7 years of related experience in manufacturing environment, engineering, EMS, program/project management and suppliers.
· Experience using and applying statistical tools.
· Experience using 6 Sigma, DMAIC, 8D, PPAP, and Plan, Do, Study, Act
· Major in Mechanical engineering, Electronic & Electricity Good command of both oral and written English
· Capable of leading a team of professionals.
· Six Sigma Black Belt Required Preferred
· Demonstrated experience as an ISO or TS 16949 auditor
· Familiar with MRP/ERP or similar Manufacturing Management Software Systems
· Knowledge of purchasing and sourcing activities
· Master degree
· Knowledge of reliability testing
· Excellent PC application knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PPT, Excel) and the internet
· Excellent communication skills both oral and written
· Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of the organization
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR accepts resumes only from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or send to any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.EEO StatementNCR is an equal opportunity employer. It is NCR's policy to hire, train, promote and pay associates based on their job-related qualifications, ability and performance, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Job Reference: 593308
NCR revolutionized business transactions bringing the Cash Register to international prominence and opening one of the world’s first sales schools. Today, NCR celebrates more than 125 years of business and continues to be the face of innovation, bringing to market state-of-the-art IT solutions that make headlines and constantly push the boundaries of technology. Help lead the way to the next generation of self-service technology by revolutionizing how consumers interact with businesses around the world.