Vacancy posted: Saturday, 30 Jun 2012
Life Technologies are currently recruiting for Business Analyst to join the IT Team (supporting finance)
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious forward thinking individual to join a leading Life Sciences organization within a flourishing and growing industry sector .
The BA acts as an enabler between the business community who have problems and the technology which offers a solution.
This role is ideal for someone who has the key technical skills (SAP / EXCEL) and is looking to diversify.
Full training and support is offered
A key part of the BA's job is to facilitate the capturing of functional business requirements by gathering, analyzing and documenting the requirements in a way that can be understood by a diverse audience (technical and non-technical alike). You will prepare benefit justifications which serves as the main liaison between the business users and the architects/developers in order to implement effective solutions.
This will mostly consist of a process improvement or organizational change. A truly effective BA aligns him/her self with the needs of the business and then offers support before, during and after the execution of a technology solution. This position demands that BA's keep their skills sharp in both technology trends and ''best practices'' of the industry. BA's have a passion for making sure that new software and processes are effectively integrated/adopted within the functions to achieve maximum productivity gains, while meeting the needs of the business and maintaining proper data integrity.
- Support the business in the Finance area.
- Manage day to day IT issues through the designated ticketing process keeping the relevant business partners informed at all stages.
- Work with business to identify and define best business practices: including project reports, interfaces, data conversions and enhancement requirements.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of the business processes as well as a strong working rapport with business users.
- Find ways to leverage the standard code and keep customization/enhancements to a minimum while enabling unique business processes that provide a competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Aid in the project management process for projects including scope identification, project planning, and project status reporting.
- Create requirements documents for formal change control for projects through facilitation with key project stakeholders and sponsors
- Ensure application prototypes align with business requirements and user acceptance.
- Work with developers to translate requirements into technical specifications.
- Develop and execute functional test plans and facilitate user acceptance process.
- Aid in the creation and modification to application architectures.
- Stay current on technology trends and software solution offerings from vendors.
- Working on small enhancements independently to create Functional specifications
- Working as a Project Manager on smaller projects and following the methodology to ensure project is compliant with PMO processes.
- Participate in implementation projects.
- 3-6 years of related business experience working with SAP.
- Excellent working knowledge of key business processes
- Strong data analysis skills required. Hands on experience on managing data; data analysis, data standardization, data clean up, and data consolidation.
- Ability to assist in user workshops, define requirements, write business cases, and design workflow processes. Knowledge of E1 andHyperion an advantage
- Project experience is also a plus
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Must be able to work effectively as a member of a Team and in a matrix reporting environment
Making Life Even Better
When it comes to the vision of shaping discovery and improving life, no other company can match the breadth of products and services in the life sciences field to meet this vision than Life Technologies. Created through the combination of biotechnology leaders Applied Biosystems and Invitrogen, Life Technologies' systems, consumables and services enable researchers to accelerate scientific exploration, driving to discoveries and developments that improve the human condition and the world around us. Our customers do their work across the biological spectrum, working to advance personalized medicine, regenerative science, molecular diagnostics, agricultural and environmental research, and 21st century forensics. With historical sales of approximately $3.5 billion, a presence in more than 100 countries, and a rapidly growing intellectual property estate of over 3,600 patents and exclusive licenses, we are poised to truly shape the world of science. Join a team of more than 9,500 employees around the world who are engaged, curious, insightful, responsible and driven to make life even better.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=1513767-2584-8059
Job Reference: 10900BR
Closing Date: 29-Jul-2012