Vacancy posted: Saturday, 30 Jun 2012
Life Technologies currently has a vacancy for a Bilingual (German and English) Sales Representantive at its European Headquarters in Paisley near Glasgow.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is, or can demonstrate they have the potential to become a successful sales consultant within a flourishing indutry sector.
- Responsible for advancing the sales of the company service products by telephone and occasional site visits.
- Telephone selling to a wide range of accounts
- Achieves quarterly and annual sales targets
- Proactively competes for all known sales opportunities within the stated territory through systematic account call planning, in order to meet and exceed plan.
- Works to optimise the sales of upfront contracts and coordinate the approach on accounts assigned to service management.
- Deals efficiently with low value customers out of the forecast file, qualifies their business potential, develops business opportunities and growth by outbound telephone calls.
- Builds and maintains relationships with customers and potential customers in assigned territory to ensure service information is communicated and strategic and competitor information is gathered.
- Accurately forecasts future business on a regular basis, or at the request of the team manager.
- Plans to start negotiations early by planning activities well ahead and involving relevant functions such as Service Management, Product Sales and others.
- Makes best use of available tools to aid territory planning.
- Develops and maintains detailed customer/prospect records and ensures that the relevant mailing list and database reflects this information
- Strong communication skills to effectively sell services.
- Strong analytical skills to assess and prioritise account sales opportunities and develop sales forecasts
Solid organizational and time management skills.
Strong Microsoft office skills.
Ideally have 2 years experience in a similar sales role.
Making Life Even Better
When it comes to the vision of shaping discovery and improving life, no other company can match the breadth of products and services in the life sciences field to meet this vision than Life Technologies. Created through the combination of biotechnology leaders Applied Biosystems and Invitrogen, Life Technologies' systems, consumables and services enable researchers to accelerate scientific exploration, driving to discoveries and developments that improve the human condition and the world around us. Our customers do their work across the biological spectrum, working to advance personalized medicine, regenerative science, molecular diagnostics, agricultural and environmental research, and 21st century forensics. With historical sales of approximately $3.5 billion, a presence in more than 100 countries, and a rapidly growing intellectual property estate of over 3,600 patents and exclusive licenses, we are poised to truly shape the world of science. Join a team of more than 9,500 employees around the world who are engaged, curious, insightful, responsible and driven to make life even better.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=1514791-2584-9459
Job Reference: 10055BR
Closing Date: 29-Jul-2012