Vacancy posted: Monday, 2 Jul 2012
Record UK Ltd Operations Manager Wishaw (Lanarkshire) únegotiable
Record UK is the UK subsidiary of the global Swiss headquartered Agta-Record Group. The Company designs, manufacturers, supplies and installs automated door systems. Recognised as the technical leader in its field, Record UK’s customers include such prestigious names as Tesco, Santander, B&Q and Sainsbury’s. This position is based at the Company’s UK main office in Wishaw, south of Glasgow where all fabrication work is carried out. The position also covers activities from the Company’s other two sites at Batley and Farnborough including the logistics and distribution of product from Wishaw, between the sites and to the remotely located installation and service teams.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the position will have responsibility for the management of planning, fabrication/manufacture, stores/warehousing and distribution/logistics.
The processes involved in fabrication involve the production of doors and shop fronting using aluminium profile and glass as well as the incorporation of the necessary hardware. The processes readily lend themselves to the introduction of Lean and 5’S’procedures, a key part of this job for the new Operations Manager. In line with this there is a requirement to review the current processes and put in place more rigourous procedures throughout the supply chain. The logistics aspect requires improved and more robust planning to ensure product is distributed to customers, the Batley and Farnborough sites and remote installers in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
Just as important for success in this role as the implementation of new ways of working, is sustaining the changes and driving continuous improvement.
Qualifications and Experience
· Demonstrable experience of implementing and sustaining a Lean and 5 ‘S’ culture is imperative
· Experience of the management of stores/warehouse, planning and the supply chain including distributing to other company hubs, home based service engineers and direct to site
· The ability to drive culture and attitudinal change, agree actions and meet deadlines, introduce KPIs and sustain measurable improvements
· It would be useful if the person has experience of window, door or framework manufacture preferably with aluminium profile but plastic would be acceptable. Knowledge of the door, especially automated door market would be an advantage
· Be able to lead and enthuse the department to work differently
· Preferably degree educated
· Knowledge of ‘what good looks like’ from a blue chip background.
Closing Date: 31-Jul-2012