Vacancy posted: Monday, 2 Jul 2012
Due to internal advancement, John Macintyre & Son is seeking a vibrant and friendly person to join our team as full time sales assistant. In this customer focused role, you will be the first contact customers have with our brand. Therefore, you will play a crucial role in maintaining current customers and increasing sales.
This is a permanent contract for 42 hours/week and applicants should only apply if they are able to work 5 out of 7 days including weekends. Unfortunately this position would not suit applicants looking for summer work unless they are able to remain with the company on a part time basis after returning to education in the autumn. Please note this on your application.
Your tasks will include:
- Assisting customers with product selection
- Communicating product benefits and services
- Processing product enquiries and returns
- Ensuring that product presentation adheres to merchandising guidelines
You will have the following skills/qualifications:
- Enjoy a customer-facing role
- Previous retail sales experience preferred
- Friendly and outgoing demeanour
- Proactive and goal oriented attitude
- Outstanding eye for detail and accuracy
- Passion for jewellery and customer service
- Outstanding communication and people skills
Enter a world of precious diamonds and much more at John Macintyre & Son, located just steps from Buchanan Street. Help our customers celebrate some of life's most exciting occasions. We believe in teamwork and the fact that only happy employees can help our store to grow. Each and every employee plays a crucial role in our business and we equally value everyone's contribution- no matter their role or seniority.
Our sales experts are the key asset in achieving our goals and we strive to align their personal objectives with our company targets. We offer training opportunities and fast career progression, competitive salaries and bonuses; all in a vibrant and friendly environment. We support flexible working schedules to suit all lifestyles: from full time and part time employment, to weekend work.
To apply, please complete our online application by clicking the "apply now" link
Closing date for applications will be 13 July with interviews planned the following week.
Job Reference: JMac-06
Closing Date: 13-Jul-2012