Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 3 Jul 2012
Fugro Structural Monitoring is the specialist instrumentation division of Fugro GEOS Ltd, part of the large multi-national Fugro Group. Fugro GEOS Ltd is a world leader in structural monitoring services for the offshore industry. From our Glasgow base we provide high-quality, high-value measurement services and systems to oil and gas clients worldwide.
Due to expansion we are seeking a Site Engineer to support the offshore installation, commissioning and maintenance of our instrumentation systems.
The work will include offshore trips for:
- System installation and commissioning
- Short measurement projects
- On site maintenance and client support
- Visits to Fugro Glasgow office for In house training on instrumentation systems.
The work is rewarding, interesting and will include trips to offshore platforms and vessels within the North Sea, Europe and various overseas destinations.
Those who enjoy the practical application of knowledge and skills are especially likely to have an aptitude for the work.
We look to recruit highly-motivated self starters who recognise the critical importance of following documented procedures in a highly technical and safety-critical environment, but who also enjoy a flexible working lifestyle.
Fugro has a well-established HSEQ Integrated Management System (Certified to ISO9001 ISO18001 & ISO14001) and a paramount safety culture. Training is ongoing, and continuing professional development is supported through the industry leading Fugro Academy.
- A technical degree e.g. mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, applied physics or similar is desirable. Personal attributes would include:
- Experience in an offshore/marine environment
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and on one’s own
- A methodical approach to technical troubleshooting
The successful candidate will work a contracted number of days on site per annum.