Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 3 Jul 2012
Due to increased growth one of the UK’s leading providers of Contract and retail Interiors require a Designer to join their team on a Permanent Basis.
Reporting directly to the Design Team Leader you will be responsible for the concept design of contract interior products and related space planning for high profile clients within the retail, financial and banking sectors.
To be considered for this role it is essential you have the following attributes
- Understanding of the latest version of AutoCAD to enable 2D drafting / space planning.
- Utilise CAD link facility.
- competent in surveying an interior/exterior space and to be able to draw up using CAD, whilst being able to determine the level of information required to do this on a site by site basis dependent upon the individual project scope.
- Creative design ability to develop new concept
- Product & detail design understanding and ability
- 3D modelling skills using AutoCAD/Viz Render/3D Studio
- Artistic skills, including freehand sketching, visualising, preparing sample and presentation boards
- Additional IT skills using Graphic Packages to enhance presentations (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign/Powerpoint)
- Experience in utilising clients web portals for sharing information – BIW, Asite, 4Projects, DAD
- Understanding of Retail operations, adjacencies, merchandise and product knowledge
- The integration and awareness of all trades within the overall design proposals
- Good communication and presentation skills with both internal and external clients
- Personal organisation skills and time management
Contract Scotland is committed to equal opportunities and diversity for its employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation
Job Reference: LDA/18106
About Contract Scotland
Contract Scotland, "The Right People for Construction Recruitment in Scotland".
Founded in 1990, Contract Scotland has operated in the Scottish construction industry for longer than any of our competitors. Providing Technical and Professional staff on a Temporary and Permanent basis, we are recognised for providing a high quality service and in the past 4 years Contract Scotland has won 10 awards including "Best Construction Recruitment Firm UK" and "Best Small/Medium Recruitment Firm to Work For" at the Professional Recruiter Awards in 2008 as well as obtaining REC Audited status in 2006.
All our Consultants are salaried professionals, not working on heavily incentivised commission schemes and are put through the Industry Standard exams (REC Certificate & Diploma) to ensure the high quality service we provide. Our temporary workers are treated like an extension of our work force and we will present permanent options that suits your situation and skills.