Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 3 Jul 2012
Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Hudson is currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer on a 12 month Fixed Term contract basis to be based at our client’s site in Dumbarton.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Assist the Facility Design Manager with all non-safety implicated HV/LV electrical design issues within HMNB Clyde
- To provide advice and support on matters of high/low voltage electrical engineering to Facility Operators, Facility Design Managers and Project Sponsors
- Review of contractors/consultants design proposals
- Process ‘in house’ customer requests and develop Statement of Requirements to enable Tender preparation
- Provide design solutions utilising AutoCAD 2009, Amtech etc
- To assist with LV as fitting exercises and reference design issues
- To assist with updating of reference design on Digitised Drawing Control System
- To liaise with electrical design engineers in completion of new design works, provision of CAD support and general day to day design duties
Ideally you will be/have:
- Qualified to HNC/HND level in Electrical Engineering or equivalent or possess a recognised Technical apprenticeship.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Building Services Electrical Design
- Experience of working in a military establishment
- Knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements associated with electrical services
- Conversant with AutoCAD 2009
- Conversant with Amtech Calculations package
- Previous contracting/consultancy design experience
- Project management experience
- HV design experience
- Knowledge of BMS, Scada, Intruder, Fire Alarm Systems
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence Security Requirements
Please submit your CV to email@example.com or contact Brian on 0141 227 9121 to discuss the role further.
Job Reference: UK667149:S1
About Hudson Energy Infrastructure & Technical
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV. Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.