Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 3 Jul 2012
Hudson is currently recruiting for an experienced Document Controller to join their client’s Grangemouth office on either a permanent or long term contract basis.
The main responsibilities of this role will be to ensure that all project documentation is registered, distributed and filed using an electronic system. The documents to be organised will be in the form of both drawings and written reports. The role will also involve co-ordination of both electronic and paper filing systems, ensuring that quality standards are adhered to. Further responsibilities will include:
- Set up project master document register on prescribed software
- Responsible for timely turn around of documentation issued internally or received externally
- Maintaining the document control database and control processes
- Run reports as required by the project team
- Manage and record the throughput of all project documentation
- Issuing of documents and drawings
- Preparing work packs
- Responsible for recording data to describe the documents accurately is paramount
- Experience of processing design documents, vendor documents and procurement documents
- Data input, quality checking, exporting, importing and maintenance through to archive of hard copy and electronic project files
- Organise and prepare documentation for hard copy distribution
- Expedite reviews and comments of documents, including both internal and supplier/client contacts, to support achievement of the project timeline.
Ideally, you will have previous experience in a document control role, preferably within a construction or engineering environment, and possess some or all of the following attributes:
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage your own time
- Ability to use and maintain an accurate Electronic Document Management System
- Experience in quality checking in respect of format, numbering, and readability
- Confidence to get document owners to adhere to procedure in an appropriate way
- Attention to detail, ability to spot irregularities in documents
- Experience of uploading and downloading documents from a file transfer medium
- Experienced with operating scanners with sufficient understanding that a quality scan can be obtained while minimising file size
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail to be able to process documents efficiently and develop their experience to be able to intuitively spot and address potential problems before they become a problem
- Ability to use Excel as a tool and accurately maintain an Excel spreadsheet as required.
Please apply by submitting your CV to email@example.com or contact Brian on 0141 227 9121 to discuss the role further.
Job Reference: UK659855:S1
About Hudson Energy Infrastructure & Technical
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV. Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.