Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 3 Jul 2012
Human Resource Manager, Human Resources Manager, Human Resources Manager
Natural Power Consultants are a leading international renewable energy consultancy. We provide expert services to the renewable energy industry in the development, construction and operational phases of renewable energy projects. We have built a successful ethos for delivering environmentally rewarding projects that allow Clients to reach their economic objectives.
Reporting into the Human Resource Director, you will be responsible for delivering people management strategies that support the Company’s overall strategic aims and objectives. You will be expected to contribute at an operational level in order to identify HR priorities and recommend appropriate people management solutions which support business aims, in addition to providing a customer-focused HR service.
You will support managers and staff on all aspects of people management, which fully reflects the Company's desire to be an employer of choice. The position is based at our headquarters in Dumfries & Galloway however a significant amount of inter-office travel will be required to support the business. For the right candidate we will consider a base at one of our other offices located in Central Belt.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities associated with this job can be broken down into four sections outlined below:
Operational HR Management
- In consultation with the HR Director, prepare and implement the annual HR Plan to support the overall strategic aims and objectives of the Board/Executive Committee
- Maintain close and effective personal working relationships at all levels of the organisation. The communication skills required include the ability to communicate complex, sensitive and contentious information
- Oversee the ‘on boarding’ of new employees including induction and probation processes
- Provide assistance to the HR Managers throughout the Company, and to the Head of Central Resources
- Work closely with senior and line managers, providing them with expert guidance, coaching and support on the full range of HR activities in order to ensure a consistent and fair approach to people management throughout the Company.
- Keep up to date with legal developments and advise management on compliance and risk factors.
- Manage investigations, disciplinary and grievance matters for senior employees in conjunction with the HR Director.
- Provide advice and guidance on individual employee relations cases, ensuring that these are well managed and meet the requirements of the Company’s policies, best practice and employment legislation.
- Assist with ensuring that managers and staff are aware of the policies and procedures and able to operate them effectively.
- Provide support to staff on general HR issues, as and when required.
- Support the system of performance reviews and the capability process and continually develop as necessary. Carry out regular checks on these processes to ensure quality and consistency.
- Develop and maintain an effective partnership with the Managers ensuring consultation and communication practices are routinely adopted to enable management to make effective decisions and successfully implement proposals.
- Ensure that staff are informed and updated on key business and organisational issues.
Learning and Development
- In consultation with line managers, follow up individual development needs and assist with sourcing external training provision as and when required,
- Administer the evaluation of all learning and development activities.
- Make recommendations on a cost-effective management development programme to support the Company’s people management strategies.
- Assist the HRD with Personal Development Plans for Senior employees
- Monitor HR trends throughout the organisation and provide management information on Key Performance Indicators to the HRD & MD as appropriate
- Raise issues proactively with managers, using a variety of internal and external sources of information to identify practical solutions to varied and sometimes complex HR issues and recommend appropriate action plans
- Seek opportunities to raise the profile of HR by regularly meeting with department heads and managers, attending team meetings and other events
- Provide project management support and to work on other HR projects as and when required.
- Provide managers with assistance during the Appraisal process
Knowledge & Competencies Required
You will be a chartered member of CIPD with evidence of CPD and or a tertiary qualification in HR Management. You will have proven generalist experience including the ability to work at operational level and an in depth understanding of HR best practice. Further to this, you will have experience in the development and implementation of employment policies and procedures. You will be a co-operative and supportive team player and have the ability to create HR communications appropriate for the audience.
You will have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills and must be comfortable preparing and presenting reports up to director level. Further to this, you will possess advanced interpersonal skills being able to influence, persuade, negotiate and where applicable coach. You will have first class planning and organisation skills and will be able to meet tight deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail. You will be pro-active and self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously and flexibly.
Salary will depend on your experience and background. We offer generous holidays, membership to our group personal pension scheme, childcare vouchers, bike to work scheme, Friday barbeques, life assurance, critical illness cover and income protection.
How to apply
For more information and to apply, please visit our careers section of company website.
Please upload your CV and cover letter; this should include; notice period, availability to interview, current salary, salary sought and where you saw the advert.
Closing date: Sunday 22nd July
Closing Date: 22-Jul-2012