Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 3 Jul 2012
Hudson is working with a Global business in Glasgow city centre that is looking for a recently qualified accountant to join their large finance team in a newly created Internal Audit team. This role will suit someone looking for their first step out of practice and offers entry to a global business that will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to explore other parts of finance as they build their career.
- Assist and contribute to the development of the operating audit plan and goals for the Internal Audit Services team, including identifying and evaluating processes, sites and operations requiring audit through performing semi annual business risk assessments.
- Assist in the development of innovative audit approaches and proposed solutions across EMEA region.
- Identify significant risks within each function under review and ensures audit procedures developed are appropriate to address the risks.
- Provide support in determining scope, personnel assignments, and timing of site reviews and special projects.
- Execute audit procedures, which include conducting interviews, developing and administering surveys, documenting client processes and procedures, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and composing summary memos, preparing work papers and reports.
- Assist the EMEA Audit Lead reviewing work performed by guest and consulting auditors to ensure adequacy of work and testing performed and decisions made in identifying and resolving issues.
- Critically evaluate deficiencies or potential improvements observed during an audit as to the impact on the business
- Establish which areas require further action, develop workable solutions, and obtain management's concurrence as to a course of action to correct the situation.
- In conjunction with the EMEA Audit Lead, develop written audit reports, which communicate the results of audit and special projects to the audit committee, executive management, and external auditors.
- Manages the internal audit electronic and manual work papers.
- Degree qualified (Financial related)
- Professional qualification (CA preferred)
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
- A minimum of 3 years auditing experience
If you are working in an IA role just now or looking for your first role out of practice, please contact Alistair Shaw on 0141 227 9109 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
Job Reference: UK662723