Vacancy posted: Thursday, 5 Jul 2012
Hudson are currently working with a Global organisation based in Glasgow City Centre that would like to recruit a permanent UK Head of Payroll. This is an outstanding opportunity to join an established dynamic business and will offer the position holder a key role in the senior management team. To be considered candidates should have recent payroll management experience ideally within a multi national business.
- Supporting a small team of senior managers
- Leading for all governance, responsibilities and knowledge around Payroll administration within the international region
- This covers 8000+ employees and incorporates a complex compensation structure involving bonus, benefits and deferred awards
- Act as the Service Risk Manager for all service providers - completing regular due diligence and contract renewals
- Maintaining and enhancing the control framework around all payroll responsibilities. This includes SOX and internal controls
- Liaison with a variety of groups and individuals (including payroll teams in the US, Far East and within all European regions, HR, tax groups, procurement, HMRC) in agreeing payroll policy, changes in processes, discussing payroll related issues and roll out of changes to payroll systems
- Building solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders and auditors to assist with understanding the key processes, giving access to systems for sample testing and providing evidence of key controls
- Maintaining a detailed understanding of current payroll legislation, with a proactive approach to plan for future changes
- Monthly reporting on any variances ensuring team resolve issues and queries that arise
- Building close relationship with IT and assuming overall responsibility for payroll systems, including maintenance, upgrades and any necessary changes to system requirements
- Responsible for the timely and accurate disbursement of all payroll related payments through BACS and the multi currency accounts managed through an online banking tool including all internal reconciliation processes
- Responsibility for reviewing and advising around the PAYE process and compliance in relation to the Senior Accounting Officer sign off
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous working knowledge of a similar Global or European role
- High level of stakeholder management
- The ability to inspire, motivate and develop a strong payroll team
- CIPP qualification
- Proven proactive approach in dealing with statutory changes
- Strong vendor management skills
- Proven ability to develop and implement on a clearly defined strategy
- Knowledge of benefits and pension administration as well as Ex Pat payroll issues
- Experience of PSA reporting
If you are interested in this vacancy please contact Julie McAneney in our Glasgow office on 0141 227 9117 or email your CV to Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
Job Reference: UK665496:S1