Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 4 Jul 2012
A key blue-chip service provider has an excellent permanent opportunity for an experienced Procurement Sourcing professional to join the existing team.
Key Purpose of the job:
- This role will see you assist in the development of category strategies, taking direction to help manage the cost base by delivering opportunities that drive costs out through demand management.
- You will be tasked with simplifying specifications and strengthening supplier relationships to mitigate risk
- and improve performance whilst ensuring the best value.
- Lead high profile and high value sourcing projects whilst driving cost out, reducing risk and building competitive advantage.
- Lead or support small cross functional teams to deliver smaller scale projects.
- Input, into category and sub-category, strategies reflecting external market conditions
- Deliver sustainable strategic direction for the business
- Develop effective relationships with key internal customers to increase their awareness of Sourcing and support for Sourcing initiatives
- Help to identify best practices and secure best value from third party expenditure
- Lead cross functional teams through strategic sourcing process leveraging the size and scale of the clients purchasing power through robust contract negotiations, supplier selection and management of the commercial aspects of the 3rd party supplier relationships
- Assist in developing and implementing the appropriate supplier governance structure ensuring effective contract handover
- Report and track financial benefits versus pipeline and targets, identifying potential risks
Required skill set:
- Strong stakeholder Management experience
- Financial Services background (preferable)
- Business Process Outsourcing experience (highly desirable)
- Strategic sourcing experience
- MCIPS or working towards
- Make v buy experience (in-house vs. outsourced business options)
- Project Management skills
To find out about more job opportunities please visit jobs.hudson.com
Please contact Jacqui Paterson – email@example.com for more information on this position
Please note you will receive an automated response that we have received your CV
Job Reference: UK667111:S1
About Hudson Supply Chain & Procurement
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.