Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 4 Jul 2012
Operations and Engineering Manager
As an Operations / Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for planning, directing and co-ordinating our operations. Ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of departmental and organisational operations, you will develop and implement effective methods and strategies to achieve this.
You will review financial statements and data with a view to improving profitability, control operational budgets and plan effective strategies for the financial well-being of the company. Improving processes and policies in support of organisational goals, you'll also monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
Manage and control the engineering group having responsibility for, electrical, mechanical, control of instrumentation, refrigeration and utilities.
· Managing Operational and Engineering activities
· Coordinating, monitoring and improving manufacturing and workflow
· Improving and coordinating all operational systems and processes
· Responsible for operational budgets across multiple departments
· Initiate Lean Manufacturing improvement programmes
· Manage on time in full (OTIF) and customer centricity.
The Person - Education & Experience:
· Ideally qualified or equivalent in Mechanical/Electrical or Chemical
Engineering with a minimum of five years management experience
· Experience as an Operations & Engineering Manager
· Experience of managing multi-discipline teams
· A background managing within manufacturing
· Effective people manager in Pharmaceutical/Biochemistry or
related cGMP process industry
· Strong knowledge of cleanroom and facilities management
· Adept at both hands-on management and strategic management
· Lean Manufacturing.
· Project Manager capable of delivering improvements and projects
on time to budget.
Job Reference: CL MI08
About Morson International
Morson International is the UK’s No. 1 technical recruitment company. Our dedicated recruitment consultants and our innovative staffing solutions have helped us become a global leader in the Technical Recruitment industry. Morson International recruit across a number of the technical industry’s most challenging sectors, including: Aerospace, Automotive, Marine, Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Power Generation & Rail. We enjoy a number of successful, long-term partnerships with major ‘blue-chip’ clients, often being positioned as sole or preferred supplier. In many instances this is delivered on a Master Vendor basis where we act as the ‘Managing Agent’ controlling the entire recruitment process. Morson International, as a world-leading technical recruitment consultancy, follow one simple mission: ‘Excellence through Performance’