Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 4 Jul 2012
Join our marketing team to improve our multi-media offering
Three year fixed term
Monday – Friday 09.00-17.30 plus
As the UK’s leading provider of student finance, our 2,000 employees deliver a critical service to over three million students annually in colleges and universities across the nation. With more people applying for loans than ever before, we’re working to become quicker, smarter and more accurate in the way we approach our business.
We’re in the middle of a demanding programme of change for HE funding. This involves delivering increasingly complex messages to a growing number of students, parents/partners, plus delivery partners and stakeholders. To do this, we’ve moved from a paper based medium to a proactive and dynamic online communications campaign strategy that’s relevant and reactive to our customers. This means that SLC must produce a range of media and content for online and offline channels.
To help us, we’re looking for an experienced, creative-thinking Multi-media Editor to support the delivery of this strategy.
Your key responsibility will be to support the day to day management of the design team; taking ownership of our creative requirements whilst managing the end to end production, filming, editing and publication of a range of multi-media content (inc film / digital / animation and audio footage) for publication and broadcast across SLC’s, SFE’s and partner channels.
- An education to a degree level or hold similar
- Extensive experience within a marketing or media/communications-based environment
- Extensive people management experience
- PC and Mac literate in all MS applications, CS5 Adobe suite, Premiere Pro and the internet
- Proven, effective filming and editing skills across a variety of platforms, preferably with experience of producing a variety of content, and consideration of use on handheld devices
- Ability to communicate clearly, accurately and convincingly both verbally and in writing
- Effective presentation skills
- A proactive, customer-focused nature
- Ability to liaise with, and build effective relationships with, others at all levels
- A team player mentality, highly organised with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well under pressure and enjoy the challenge of managing a team to produce high quality work within tight deadlines
- Whilst knowledge of the education sector isn’t essential, it would be desirable.
At the Student Loans Company, we’re all about supporting people. We provide students with the resources to achieve their full potential, helping them build a great future. And when you join us, we’ll do the same for you.
To apply, please go to http://www.slc.co.uk/careers.aspx
Closing date: 18th July 2012.
We are committed to Equal Opportunities.
Job Reference: IRC9838
Closing Date: 18-Jul-2012