Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 4 Jul 2012
Hansel Alliance, one of Scotland’s foremost charities in the field of Social Care, delivers an extensive range of support services to individuals with learning disabilities throughout Ayrshire.
Crail and Wilson House is a residential care setting based in Broadmeadows, Symington that support a total of 27 service users to live independent and active lives by providing safe and manageable surroundings with support and stimulation. Crail and Wilson House support a range of service users, including older people, some of whom are living with dementia, in small group living environments.
We are currently offering a unique opportunity for a Support Worker to join the team.
The successful applicant should have:
- A Social Care qualification or equivalent
- Experience working with individuals with learning disabilities in a similar environment
- The ability to work flexibly to a planned rota, including days, evening and weekends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work both independently and within a team environment, working in a person-centered way to offer choice and promote inclusion
- A commitment to the enhancement of social inclusion opportunities for individuals with learning disabilities
This post is considered to be Regulated Work with adults as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) (PVG) Act 2007. Accordingly, the preferred candidate will be required to become a member of the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme Record Update if already a Scheme member prior to any formal offer of employment being made.
Job Reference: CW/SW/1235
Closing Date: 18-Jul-2012