Vacancy posted: Thursday, 5 Jul 2012
Turner FM offers Estate and Facilities Solutions providing easily accessible support services that can be relied on, letting our customers focus on their core business activity.
A vacancy has arisen for a Sustainability Advisor (maternity cover) for, based in Rosyth, reporting to the TFM Head of Compliance.
The key performance objectives of the role will include:
- Ensure that the business is fulfilling its’ responsibilities in relation to compliance to:- certified standards held, statutory & mandatory requirements, policies & systems, contractural, asset & people requirements.
- Delivery of sustainability requirements within the Regional Prime Contract (Scotland)
- Development and manage Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) including management of annual report
- Delivery of compliance environmental/sustainability legislation and MoD regulation and policies within construction and facilities management
- Delivery of sustainability appraisals and input to BREEAM/DREAM
- Management and continual improvement of the Environmental Management System (EMS) which includes maintaining accreditation to ISO14001.
- Plan and manage internal auditing of EMS and sustainability
- Development and implementation of environmental/sustainability objectives and targets
- Support business development of CSR
- Integration of sustainability into operational procedures and processes and training of staff in accordance with these processes
- Provide sustainability advice and assistance to on-site personnel & supply chain in terms of delivery of planned and reactive maintenance as well as construction work
- Communications such as writing case studies and publications for internal and external use
- Management/Updating of CSR and Sustainability intranet and internet sites
- Provide advice on and delivery of sustainability appraisals for all project work
- Training and Awareness raising of sustainability to staff and the customer
- ·Data gathering on all business activities in line with Government/customer requirements and Turner FM policies and objectives.
- Liaison with regulatory bodies and other relevant stakeholders
- Delivery of community engagement initiatives
- Organisation, management and delivery of voluntary conservation events
The person profile of the successful candidates requires:
- Experience of practical application of current statutory environmental legislation and control procedures
- Fostering relationships with all levels of staff within an organisation & our customer
- Experience of training delivery from semi skilled to management
- Hold a relevant Environmental Qualification (Degree level or equivalent)
- A qualified and/or experienced environmental auditor.
- Knowledge of Construction Design Management (CDM) would be advantageous but not essential.
- Member of IEMA or other relevant professional body is advantageous but not essential
- Good Report Wriritng Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Ministry of Defence Sector desirable but not essential
- Experience of working in the environmental/sustainability field
Salary will be dependant on experience.
Commercial Awareness (P), Delivering Business Results (P), Influencing (P), Making Change Work (P), Making Good Decisions (P), Planning and Control (O), Attention to Detail (P), Bringing Innovation to Problem Solving (P), Team Working (P)
Applications: To apply for this vacancy please email a copy of your CV to Kirsten Boyle, HR Administrator, Turner ES - or press the Apply button and attach your CV.
Please note the closing date for completed applications is 18th July 2012.
We will be in touch shortly after the closing date if your application has been successful.
Alternatively may I take this opportunity to thank you for the interest you expressed in
working for Turner Estate Solutions Ltd.