Vacancy posted: Friday, 6 Jul 2012
We are currently looking to recruit additional Front Line Managers to the Process department. Reporting to the Manufacturing Improvement Managers, key responsibilities of the posts are as follows:
- Responsibility for leading and focusing on a specific shop production line from the hot end to the cold end production process to ensure maximum efficiency is being achieved, based on quality, output and improvement initiatives.
- Assist in maintaining focus on overall plant goals, safety, continuous process improvements, cost control, good employee relations and outstanding quality and production efficiencies.
- Align resources in the plant’s personnel (operators, mechanics, etc.) to focus on all areas of the process centre, i.e. Quality Assurance, Furnace, Machine Repair, Mould Shop, General Maintenance, Cold End, and Job Change Co-ordinator.
- Reinforce positive team efforts and embrace FMU concepts to ensure workers understand that their work activities are part of a whole and have an impact on the operation and common goals.
- Encourage the generation of ideas and initiatives by discussing them on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Define initiatives and operations goals with input from other plant personnel to improve overall performance.
- Develop technical specialised skills and knowledge as well as team work, continuous improvement and discipline strengths.
- Develop multidisciplinary knowledge and skills, and awareness of customer oriented common goals and achievements.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will be educated to Degree level in Engineering or a related discipline, preferably with knowledge of Lean Six Sigma principles, and should possess a minimum of 5-10 years’ manufacturing experience. You will demonstrate excellent organizational, planning and communication skills, which will be used to develop and motivate a high performing team.
Please send CV along with salary expectations.
About O-I Manufacturing UK Ltd
O-I is the world's largest glass container manufacturer and preferred partner for many of the world's leading food and beverage brands. O-I delivers safe, effective and sustainable glass packaging solutions to a growing global marketplace.