Vacancy posted: Monday, 9 Jul 2012
Aspect ILA Ltd Social Programme Manager Edinburgh £21,000
Social Programme Manager, Edinburgh £21,000 per annum.
Kaplan International Colleges (www.kaplaninternational.com), a division of Kaplan Inc. (a subsidiary of Washington Post Company), is an exciting company in the world of international education.
We are looking for a passionate, organised and internationally-aware individual to take responsibility for our social programme at Kaplan International College in Edinburgh. Applicants for this position should have excellant customer service, sales and finance experience, be outgoing, fun, creative, able to work flexible hours and enjoy working with international colleagues and customers.
Kaplan International Colleges is a recognised leader in the field of international education, with more than 40 international collges across the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand and students from over 100 countries around the world.
Part of Kaplan Inc., a fast growing company in the field of education, KIC can offer an interesting career path to bright graduates who are driven and ambitious and who enjoy working in a stimulating international environment. You'll be working as part of our school operations team at our thriving school in the centre of Edinburgh and as part of a nationwide team of social programme managers, sharing ideas to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
Roles and responsibilities
- Be the primary guide for international students on exciting social experiences ensuring fun social interaction
- Responsible for the delivery of a varied, appealing and profitable social programme for international students
- Reviewing and evaluating the range of offerings and suppliers for quality of service and value
- Managing relationships with external suppliers such as venues, tour operators, agencies, transport companies
- Researching new social programmes ideas and evaluating cost efficiency and customer appeal
- Promoting events through a range of online/ offline media
- Responsible for staffinf of excursions and activities and attending and leading a number of activities each week
- Advising students on options
- Running weekly customer surveys to understand satisfaction levels and guage appropriacy
- Working with the Students Experience Manager UK & Ireland to indentify a wider range of activities for students from all cultures/ relevant countries
- Reporting to both school principal and Student Experience Manager UK & Ireland
- Updating line managers with regular status reports on student feedback, new social programme activities, successes/ issues/ problems
- Responsible for running activities programme in line with best practice guidelines
- Contributing to internal meetings
- A solid education perfereably up to bachelor's degree level
- Experience of setting up an event/ series of events e.g. club night(s), student union representation etc would be advantageous (management of cash flow for these events would also be of benefit)
- An understanding of social media networks (an active user of these networks e.g. Facebook, Twitter, would be perferable) and a willingness to be trained to develop social media skills in line with corporate standards
- A basic understanding of promotional marketing especially for local events
- An organised approach with stong attention to detail
- Ability to manage projects, developin tables/ spreadsheets where necessary in MS Word and Excel
- An understanding of what encompasses a great student experience - from initial enrolment to their arrival and their stay in country
- Understanding of digital communications e.g. smartphones would be preferable, but not essential
- ability to create promotional material i.e. posters, fliers, information cards
- Ability to build rapport with students aged 16-25
- Excellant organisational skills
- Confident presenter and stong interpersonal skils
- Competence in IT in all MS packages
- Passionate about developing and managing events and social actvities
- Flexibility, patience and an ability to manage competing demands throughout the day (some evening work will be required - more so in busy periods)
- Tenacious, enjoying the challenge of hard work and making things happen
- Experience of international travel would be adventageous
- A 2nd language would be adventageous, but not essential
Apply online with a CV and covering letter via our online form