Vacancy posted: Friday, 6 Jul 2012
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for the day-to-day, hands-on factory floor maintenance work.
* Carrying out maintenance, fault finding and repair on confectionery manufacturing equipment
* Ensuring minimum downtime during any production breakdown.
* Responding to breakdowns and carrying out repairs, ensuring production is maximised
* Monitoring machine performance and carrying out necessary improvements
* Qualified to HNC/HND level or equivalent within a relevant Mechanical discipline or possessing equivalent experience.
* Experience of working within a manufacturing environment with production equipment
* Hands-on Engineer with a "can-do" attitude and desire to understand and improve the manufacturing process.
* Strong knowledge of process and packing equipment within the food industry
* Experience of working with Cut & Wrap Machines, VFFS Equipment and Twist Wrapping Machines
* Experience with various PLC controlled systems is advantageous.
* Relevant experience with steam boilers, compressors, pumps, valves, conveyors, weighing equipment.
* Demonstrable experience driving equipment process improvement projects within a manufacturing environment.
* Machine shop Expertise
* Experience of process or packing equipment within the confectionery industry.
* Experience as a service engineer or electrical engineer would be advantageous.
Package consists of a very competitive basic salary, relocation expenses, overtime, various incentives DOE
Working hours: 9 - 6 Mon-Fri
If you feel you have the necessary skills and attributes, please apply by clicking on the link provided.
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR CLIENT WILL NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS VIA ANY OTHER SOURCE OTHER THAN THIS ADVERT.
Job Reference: ONLINE
Closing Date: 13-Jul-2012
About Total Recruitment
Total Recruitment Group encourages applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Total Recruitment Group acts as both and Employment Agency and an Employment Buiness on behalf of it's clients.