Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 10 Jul 2012
To provide support to the stores section of the School of Chemistry.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To be the first point of contact for delivery drivers and staff collecting internal stores requisitions.
2. Receiving mail and packages containing a wide range of chemicals, specialist equipment, stationery and janitorial supplies. This includes cross-checking contents and delivery notes versus orders to ensure accurate specification and quantity.
3. Receiving delivery of various gases and solvents that require safe handling. Accurate placement of said substances to designated storage locations.
4. Notifying delivery of goods to all staff via e-mail or telephone. Securing dates and signatures on delivery notes upon uplift of goods for file reference.
5. Inputting of delivery notes (GRNs) into Agresso system, recording assigned despatch numbers to delivery notes prior to forward to accounts office. Filing completed forms for reference.
6. Use of Agresso Stock Module system to run picking lists to provide staff with internal stores requisitions for various articles including flammable/non-flammable solvents, chemicals, apparatus, dry ice, gases, stationery and janitorial supplies.
7. Advising staff of asset registration process, printing labels and issuing recipients of asseted goods with appropriate forms and labels.
8. Assisting with on-line and telephone ordering of stores stock items to external suppliers to ensure that stock levels are efficiently maintained.
9. Attending and constructively inputting at monthly stores meetings.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
A1 VQ 2/3, Standard Grades (English, Arithmetic & science subject preferable), City &Guilds or equivalent
B1 Knowledge of Agresso accountancy software
B2 Knowledge of University procedures
C1 Good verbal and written communications skills
C2 Competent numeracy and literacy skills
C3 Good interpersonal skills
C4 Excellent IT skills Including Microsoft Office, e-mail and internet
C5 Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
D2 Ability to lift heavy loads
E1 Typically 1 year of work experience in an office environment with relevant qualifications or 2 years' office experience without qualifications above.
E2 Experience of computer systems
F1 Experience of warehouse/stores environment
Provide support to the stores within the School of Chemistry, College of Science and Engineering.
Planning and Organising
Work with targets set by line manager and react to other work from staff, prioritising accordingly.
Planning up to 1 week ahead.
Some items are urgent and sometimes conflicting priorities need to be dealt with.
Responding to all stores queries - what information is required and to whom to refer complex enquires.
Chemistry Accounts Office - receiving order information and providing delivery information.
Academic, postdoctoral, technical and administrative staff in Chemistry, College of Science and Engineering and University wide.
Purchasing Office and other internal university contacts.
To act as first point of contact for stores enquiries.
For further information and to apply, please click the apply button.
Vacancy reference: 002350, closing date: 23 July 2012.
Job Reference: 002350
Closing Date: 23-Jul-2012