Vacancy posted: Thursday, 12 Jul 2012
The Adult Intake Social Work team is a cohesive and dynamic team which supports, enables and protects older people in East Dunbartonshire. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual who appreciates working in an environment which offers a range of practice opportunities. You will be committed to providing a professional social work service which will include assessing Adults in a variety of settings including hospitals. Working alongside Adults and other agencies you will promote quality outcomes for those individuals through support planning, review and evaluation. You will contribute to the delivery of a first rate social work service through adhering to the Social Work Standards and Business Plan objectives.
You will be supported in your work through the provision of training, supervision and support to complete your Post Registration Training and Learning requirements. Newly qualified Social Workers will also have access to mentoring within the team.
A driving licence and use of car is essential.
For an informal discussion please contact Stephen McDonald, Fieldwork Manager or Anne Sheridan, Duty Team Manager on 0141-355-2200.
CHARTER OF COMMITMENT
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Link to East Dunbartonshire Council website
Job Reference: EAD002370
Closing Date: 18-Jul-2012
About East Dunbartonshire Council
East Dunbartonshire lies to the north of Glasgow bounded by the Campsie Fells and the Kilpatrick Hills. It is a strategically significant location for economic, social and environmental development between the city and the gateway to the Highlands through the West Highland Way and eastwards through the Kelvin Valley. With a population of 104,570, East Dunbartonshire is in the mid-range of Scottish local authorities in terms of population and covers an area of 77 square miles. It comprises an attractive mixture of urban and rural areas that included the following suburban and rural settlements of Bearsden, Bishopbriggs, Kirkintilloch, Milngavie, Lenzie, Milton of Campsie, Lennoxtown, Torrance and Twechar.