Vacancy posted: Friday, 13 Jul 2012
Company Name Undisclosed HR Manager Glasgow £30K plus benefits
A vacancy has arisen within a professional firm in Glasgow for a full time HR Manager with Office Management skills. The job’s remit will be 70% focused on HR solutions and 30% on Office Management duties. This Manager will play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth and efficient running of our day to day procedures across all our departments.
Typically the HR remit will involve:
- Recruitment and selection
- Co-ordinating and administering terms and conditions of employment
- Employee relation
- Performance management;
- Ensuring the Contracts of Employment and Employee Handbook contents are in accordance with current legislation
- Disciplinary and grievance matters
- Appraisal procedures, inc KPI’s
T & D
Providing advice and guidance on HR queries from partners, managers, staff and clients on areas such as redundancy, dismissal and TUPE.
The Office Manager side consists of:
- Overseeing the work of the clerical and secretarial staff.
- Health and Safety - Reviewing and updating the company’s health and safety policy and instilling the necessary checks.
- Dealing with Contractors and service level agreements.
- Organising office and building maintenance and repairs.
- Responsible for the Disaster Recovery Plan and Data Protection issues.
- General running of the office
- Full working knowledge of employment law gained in an HR capacity
- Working knowledge of current Health and Safety legislation.
- Min of 3 years similar managerial experience
- Excellent IT skills including Word, Excel and Database management.
- Proactive and determined to consistently deliver first class internal and external customer care at all levels.
- Excellent communication and strong influencing skills.
- A confident personality, able to make your own decisions and produce reports
- Effective planning and organisational skills.
- Awareness of the need for confidentiality and discretion.
- A sense of humour!
On offer is an excellent salary package (circa £30K plus benefits) and the opportunity to become part of an innovative and successful team
To apply, please press the Apply button and attach your CV.