Vacancy posted: Friday, 13 Jul 2012
Donaldson's School Night Awake Worker Linlithgow £19195.89-£21036.44
Donaldson’s School is Scotland’s national Residential and Day School for pupils aged 2½ - 19 years who are deaf, deafened or have communication difficulties, and may have a range of additional support needs. We also run a range of adult services.
NIGHT AWAKE WORKER
Scale Points 05 – 06 (£19,195.89 - £19,806.36) where unqualified
Scale Points 07 – 08 (£20,421.35 - £21,036.34) where qualified
- 44 hours (10.00pm – 9.00am);
- 4 days out of 7 (For the commencement of the 2012/13 academic year, this will be Monday evenings to Friday mornings).
- due to enhanced holiday entitlements (10 weeks per annum) the salaries quoted above have been calculated at 0.95FTE
We are seeking a Night Awake Worker who will provide direct support for a specific resident throughout the night and early morning hours. There will be additional input towards the general wellbeing of our other pupils, however the focus of this role will be on one young person.
Our Residential team works closely with our Educational staff to support our young people over 24 hours in delivering the ‘Curriculum for Excellence’. The Night Awake Post will enhance the learning experiences of this particular young person by supporting and assisting with tasks of everyday living and promoting independence whenever possible.
While many of Donaldson’s young people are deaf, others can be challenging and may have a range of additional support needs such as Social & Emotional Behavioural Difficulties and/or Autistic Spectrum Disorder. Experience of SEBD and/or ASD would therefore be advantageous.
- This post requires that you be prepared to register with the Scottish Social Services Council within 6 months of employment, and to undertake any additional qualification(s) to achieve full registration.
- While Donaldson’s is a bilingual (English and British Sign Language (BSL)) environment, knowledge of sign language is not essential for this role. Training will, however, be provided up to a minimum of level 2 and your commitment will be required to achieve this.
To apply, please press the Apply button and follow the applciation instructions listed
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 29th July 2012
Interview date: Thursday, 2nd August 2012