Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 17 Jul 2012
Brae Scotland Production Planner Dunfermline Up to £30,000 DOE
Our client, based in Dunfermline, are seeking a Production Planner.
The role will involve the preparation of short to medium term production plans, working closely with the Forecasting Analyst, Materials Planners and Manufacturing to ensure that plans meet customer requirements and provides the factory with optimal performance.
- Prepare the Production plan for planning horizon, ensuring it aligns to the customer demand whilst meeting the manufacturing capacity.
- Manage finished goods inventory in line with stocking policies, highlighting any that will potentially be delivered late or have a stocking holding outside agreed levels.
- Create works orders required and reschedule in line with customer demand and raw material availability.
- Liaising with all departments internally, including Sales / Marketing, Engineering and Operations – Ensuring all agree with production plans.
- Ensure all master data, including BOM’s, routings and planning parameters are accurate and update in ERP system.
- Chair daily production meetings.
- Chair weekly build plan and priority meeting with sales.
- Publish weekly production performance statistics
Key Performance Objectives/Indicators:
· Produce and publish weekly production plan.
· Publish monthly production plan.
· Produce and publish production performance metrics,
· Manage finished goods inventory in line with working capital goals.
You will have:
· Excellent planning knowledge.
· Excellent communication, written and verbal, skills
· Advanced in Microsoft packages ( Excel/Word )
· Systems literate ( Web/SAP )
· Ability to perform detailed analysis.
· Self starter – work on own initiative.
· Ability to lead small team.
· Good attention to detail.
· Experience working in a Manufacturing environment
· Must be an experienced Planner/Scheduler
· Good understanding of MRP / ERP systems, preferably SAP.
· Flexible, good problem solving and communication skills
· SAP skills an advantage.
Job Reference: JJ