Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 18 Jul 2012
Cultural Assistant, William Patrick Library. Full-time. 35 hours per week
East Dunbartonshire Leisure and Culture Trust is looking for an outgoing and pleasant person, able to communicate with the public and staff, to work as a full time cultural assistant at William Patrick Library, for 35 hours per week, working one Saturday in two.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with the public, with cash handling skills, excellent ICT skills, and will be interested in reading and literature. The successful candidate will be required to assist at the main Information & Archives enquiry desk so an interest in local history and archives would be advantageous. We are looking for someone to assist the team in delivering a high quality proactive and responsive customer focused service
Experience of Library computer systems is desirable. It will be advantageous if the candidate has ECDL or an equivalent computer qualification, and practical promotional skills.
Applicants should be enthusiastic, flexible and self-motivated.
CHARTER OF COMMITMENT
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Link to East Dunbartonshire Council website
Job Reference: EAD002380
Closing Date: 01-Aug-2012
About East Dunbartonshire Council
East Dunbartonshire lies to the north of Glasgow bounded by the Campsie Fells and the Kilpatrick Hills. It is a strategically significant location for economic, social and environmental development between the city and the gateway to the Highlands through the West Highland Way and eastwards through the Kelvin Valley. With a population of 104,570, East Dunbartonshire is in the mid-range of Scottish local authorities in terms of population and covers an area of 77 square miles. It comprises an attractive mixture of urban and rural areas that included the following suburban and rural settlements of Bearsden, Bishopbriggs, Kirkintilloch, Milngavie, Lenzie, Milton of Campsie, Lennoxtown, Torrance and Twechar.