Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 18 Jul 2012
If you get this job, it’ll be the first of many.
Position: Employment Adviser
Salary: £23,985 - £26,650
Finding the perfect job is never easy. But for people who’ve been out of work for a long time, it’s even harder. Which is why landing a role as an Employment Adviser with Ingeus is so rewarding. Your whole focus here will be on helping long-term unemployed people to find a new job that lasts, whatever their background and whatever they’re looking to achieve. That means you’ll need to take responsibility for everything from motivating clients and preparing them for interviews to engaging with employers and encouraging them to consider your clients for their roles. It’s a varied job and you’ll need to demonstrate all sorts of different skills – the ability to empathise, negotiate, inspire and listen. You’ll need to be determined, and you’ll need to be flexible. So if you’ve got what it takes, it’s time for a job that will give you the feel-good factor, day in and day out.
Ingeus is one of the UK’s leading welfare-to-work providers. Since 2002, we’ve helped over 90,000 clients into suitable, lasting work. What’s more, we’ve been placed in the Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to Work For list for the last four years. For you, it means the opportunity to help change people’s lives for the better as part of a company that goes out of its way to support its teams in achieving their own goals.
As an Employment Adviser your main responsibilities will involve:
· Finding ways to help people from all walks of life back into work
· Providing guidance on everything from CV writing to interviews
· Getting to know local employers, and encouraging them to meet with and interview your clients
· Quickly getting to grips with your clients’ backgrounds and career goals, and keeping them motivated and focused
As an Employment Adviser your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· The empathy it takes to engage with all sorts of people, and the confidence to challenge them if you need to
· The ability to handle different cases at the same time in an environment where everyone has targets to achieve
· Excellent communication skills, including the ability to motivate and inspire others
· A tenacious approach, especially when it comes to bringing other people around to your way of thinking
Contact: To find out more about this role and to apply, please click on the apply button