Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 18 Jul 2012
SWIIS urgently requires a number of experienced learning disability support workers for postings across a number of day centres in the East Ayrshire area.
A flexible working pattern is available with the majority of the hours being undertaken during the weekend. However, the possibility of full-time hours will be made available for all workers who demonstrate a strong flexible working ethos and commitment to the role.
It is our intention to provide a team of same named workers who are able to commit ongoing to the day centre projects to ensure continuity for the children they support.
If you have demonstrable relevant experience, live accessible to the above area and can provide the commitment we require, we look forward to hearing from you.
SWIIS is a provider of quality services, led by people who have extensive knowledge of the health and social care industry and the needs of the different sectors within which we work. SWIIS offers all workers full continuous professional training, dedicated consultant and 24 hour on-call support, and flexible working opportunities to meet individual workers’ requirements within their skill sectors.
- £8.00 per hour (dependent on the project).
- Free mandatory and service-specific training*.
- Ongoing professional update maintenance.
- Excellent out-of-hours management support.
- At least 1 year of recent experience of working with children in a relevant field.
- Understanding and knowledge of the issues faced by service users.
- Creative approach to empowering service users to achieve their goals.
- Commitment to the care and well-being of service users.
- Dedication to continued professional and personal development.
- SSSC registration and current PVG.
- Car driver or a willingness to travel.
If you have the skills, attitude and experience to be successful in this role, we want to hear from you today. Please submit an up-to-date CV detailing a full employment and study history.
SWIIS is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. SWIIS is an equal opportunities employer.
Due to the volume of applicants, if you have not received a response from us within 14 days, please assume that you have not been successful in your application.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Job Reference: GLA-LDWC-EAY-S1