Vacancy posted: Thursday, 19 Jul 2012
Our client is a successful private practice firm and are looking for an experienced VAT manager. The successful candidate will have 3+ years experience ideally within another firm of accountants. The role will involve some supervision of compliance work; however, it will mainly consist of planning initiatives and working directly with clients.
Main areas of previous experience will include:-
• VAT compliance and structuring reviews
• Capital expenditure reviews
• PFI joint venture VAT reviews and advice to reducing irrecoverable VAT and project costs
• Local Authority VAT ‘Cash finder’ projects
• VAT planning and advice on public sector builds and the use of associated special accounting schemes
• VAT planning and advice in relation to VAT and charitable organisations advising on “eligible status” and the applying or disapplying of VAT exemptions
• VAT planning & compliance in relation to landed estates, public bodies including advice on listed building alterations and complex partial exemption issues
• VAT planning for Local Authority bodies to ensure maximum VAT recovery within specified public body VAT regulations
• VAT planning and advice in relation to joint venture projects for educational establishments and local authorities
Our client can offer a wide range of interesting clients across a diverse range of sectors in one of the most beautiful parts of Scotland. The salary and package are negotiable and relocation assistance will be available. For a confidential conversation to find out more about our client, then please contact Carol-Ann Searles on 0131 625 5000.
Job Reference: CAS
About Carlyle Associates
Carlyle Associates is a leading Executive Search, interim and senior recruitment practice, based in Edinburgh. We have over 50 years combined experience of sourcing and securing key talent across all commercial disciplines on a permanent and senior interim basis.
As advisors to a wide range of senior professionals our sector experience includes Financial Services, Technology, Public Sector, Professional Services (Consultancy, Legal & Accountancy) and our clients range from entrepreneurial start-ups to established plc’s.