Vacancy posted: Friday, 20 Jul 2012
McAdam King Logistics Manager Ayrshire North Negotiable
My client is a leading FMCG manufacturer who are undergoing an exciting period of investment and expansion. As part of this period of growth, they are looking to recruit a Logistics Manager to maintain overall responsibility for all warehousing, stores, distribution and freight operations. This is a strategic level role requiring a Logistics professional of some stature.
The role includes:
- ensuring all warehousing and stores operations comply with relevant H&S legislation pertaining to a top tier COMAH manufacturing site
- ensuring correct procedures for the storing, handling and movement of dangerous goods such as chemicals, paint and LPG
- develop programs to increase product picking efficiency and performance
- be responsible for implementing continuous improvement drives in the logistics operation
- put in place procedures for 3rd Party Logistics providers
- plan and implement new warehouse layout plans
To be given serious consideration for this role, you will have at least 5 years experience managing a FMCG warehousing and logistics operation. You will have experience and knowledge of the storage, handling, movement, security and H&S legislation for dangerous goods. Candidates will be qualified to degree or HND level with the ability to manage departmental budgets.
Job Reference: JS7899
About McAdam King
McAdam King enjoys an unrivalled reputation for sourcing professionals across a wide range of disciplines and industry sectors. We have been instrumental in sourcing key personnel for many of Scotland's start-up businesses. Having a demonstrable reputation in our field, we have a genuine respect for delivery to both our clients and candidates.