Vacancy posted: Friday, 20 Jul 2012
My client is an exciting limited company based in the centre of Edinburgh who due to continued success are looking to add vital resource to their Engineering and development function. They are involved in the design and development of generator products for both onshore and offshore projects.
The Electrical Machines Design Engineer will play a pivotal role within a multi-disciplinary engineering team working on the full electrical and mechanical design of innovative electrical machines.
- Lead and carry out the electromagnetic designs, analysis and requirements definition for a range of electrical machines. Experience with VectorFields, Flux 2D/3D, Opera 2D/3D, Matlab, ANSYS 2D/3D software would be an advantage
- Develop and analyse various design cases using in-house tools such as FEA, to establish performance or develop features to suit customer needs / manufacturing processes
- Optimization of machine performance by developing critical parameters list and investigate sensitivity by running a DOE
- Participate in the optimization of cost, efficiency, weight and output among competing design parameters
- Feed lessons learnt from demonstrators to future products
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines, sub-contractors/industrial partners (e.g. structural, production, mechanical and thermal engineers) to develop the fully integrated and optimal total design for products portfolio of generators
- Electrical engineering degree
- Proven track record, with at least 5 years’ experience in electrical engineering, working on electrical rotating machines design and performance optimisation
- Good knowledge on the design of generators, design experience of Permanent Magnet Machines or other novel electrical machine topologies for wind turbine applications to the appropriate standards would be an advantage
- Experience of working with third party engineering firms to deliver successful engineering projects
- A hardworking enthusiastic person is required with the desire to develop their skills and knowledge
- Good interpersonal and communication skills essential
To discuss this position in strictest confidence please contact Grant MacKay on 01383 621000 or email a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Maxwell Bruce operates as an Employment Agency in providing permanent or contract job-seeking services and as an Employment Business in providing temporary job-seeking services.
Job Reference: GM-17088
About Maxwell Bruce
Maxwell Bruce are an ambitious specialist human resourcing company providing permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions within the UK and Internationally. Our core business platforms are: Business Support, Renewable Energy & Environment, Construction, Engineering & Supply Chain, Scientific and Industrial. We offer our clients and candidates the full range of specialist recruitment services across our divisions and our consultants are on hand to support and guide you through the process to match you to your perfect job.