Vacancy posted: Friday, 20 Jul 2012
My client is an exciting limited company based in the centre of Edinburgh who due to continued success are looking to add vital resource to their Engineering and development function. They are involved in the design and development of generator products for both onshore and offshore projects.
The CAD Design Engineer will play a pivotal role within a multi-disciplinary engineering team working on the electrical, structural and mechanical design of innovative electrical machines.
- Be responsible for designing components, assemblies for permanent magnet machines using a wide range of computer aided engineering tools including SolidWorks Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Generate engineering drawings to support engineering, manufacturing production, purchasing and tendering efforts
- Specify finishes and tolerances for components and assemblies
- Generate schematics and wiring diagrams for electrical circuits and machine windings
- Design, manufacturing tools, jigs and fixtures for assembly, lifting and testing of components
- Use design for assembly and design for manufacture methodologies
- Proficient in computer aided engineering tools including SolidWorks (CAD)
- Proven track record, with a good experience in CAD Design engineering, ideally working with rotating machines
- Good knowledge on the design of mechanical structures, electrical generators. Experience of Permanent Magnet Machines or other novel electrical machine topologies for wind turbine applications would be an advantage
- Experience of working with third party engineering firms to deliver successful engineering projects
- A hardworking enthusiastic person is required with the desire to develop their skills and knowledge
- Good interpersonal and communication skills essential
To discuss this position in strictest confidence please contact Grant MacKay on 01383 621000 or email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Maxwell Bruce operates as an Employment Agency in providing permanent or contract job-seeking services and as an Employment Business in providing temporary job-seeking services.
Job Reference: GM-17090
About Maxwell Bruce
Maxwell Bruce are an ambitious specialist human resourcing company providing permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions within the UK and Internationally. Our core business platforms are: Business Support, Renewable Energy & Environment, Construction, Engineering & Supply Chain, Scientific and Industrial. We offer our clients and candidates the full range of specialist recruitment services across our divisions and our consultants are on hand to support and guide you through the process to match you to your perfect job.