Vacancy posted: Friday, 20 Jul 2012
Post Title : Temporary Bus Escort - Supply List
Grade: £15,402.16 - £17,354.80 (Pro Rata)
Sections: School Provision and Transport
Location: Various locations within East Dunbartonshire
School Support is looking to establish a supply list of temporary bus escorts who would be available to provide cover when required. Successful applicants will be placed on a supply list, and contacted when needed. All successful applicants will be subject to a Disclosure Scotland PVG check.
Duties of a bus escort include supporting the Education Service to ensure pupils with Additional Support Needs are transported between home and school, in line with personal requirements, uplifting and setting down of passengers, providing assistance to passengers once onboard, and ensuring that passengers remain securely seated during the duration of the journey. A friendly and helpful manner is essential.
CHARTER OF COMMITMENT
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Link to East Dunbartonshire Council website
Job Reference: EAD002383
Closing Date: 01-Aug-2012
About East Dunbartonshire Council
East Dunbartonshire lies to the north of Glasgow bounded by the Campsie Fells and the Kilpatrick Hills. It is a strategically significant location for economic, social and environmental development between the city and the gateway to the Highlands through the West Highland Way and eastwards through the Kelvin Valley. With a population of 104,570, East Dunbartonshire is in the mid-range of Scottish local authorities in terms of population and covers an area of 77 square miles. It comprises an attractive mixture of urban and rural areas that included the following suburban and rural settlements of Bearsden, Bishopbriggs, Kirkintilloch, Milngavie, Lenzie, Milton of Campsie, Lennoxtown, Torrance and Twechar.