Vacancy posted: Saturday, 21 Jul 2012
Mann Finance are currently working with a global client based in Glasgow.
They are market leaders in the supply of raw materials to a number of key sectors across the world and have long term relationships with suppliers across Europe and South America. They have 5 offices spread across North and Central Europe.
Quality control, efficiency and sophisticated logistics are imperative to their industry and they have been awarded on high standards.
This role reports directly into the Finance Director and will be responsible for a team of 6. They require someone who is self-motivated and eager to help take the business to the next level. Key responsibility is to provide financial control and management accounts to the group company and its subsidiaries.
· Responsible for the preparation of the monthly management accounts for the group and subsidiaries
· Preparation of statutory accounts in accordance with IFRS
· Preparation of annual tax computations
· Reporting on progress of budget for each department
· Financial Analysis on cost variances and cost standards
· Review and revision of standard costs when necessary
· Providing cover for all other areas of finance.
· Improving internal processes and procedures
· You will be a qualified accountant in either ICAS, CIMA or ACCA with upto 3 -4 years post qualification experience.
· It is essential that you have had supervisory experience and can provide evidence on how you have managed teams in the past.
· Evidence of working with non-finance individuals is key to this position as you will be required to work directly with traders, sales teams and also senior directors
· Financial Analysis of costs and revenue is a major part of this role and it is imperative that you can provide evidence of your costing knowledge and analysis of over and under costing.
· Working knowledge of preparing statutory accounts at group leveland of IFRS
· This opportunity is customer facing and therefore essential that you have a high level of communication skills and have the ambition to develop your career.
Job Reference: SM/910
Closing Date: 28-Jul-2012