Vacancy posted: Monday, 23 Jul 2012
Search Consultancy is currently recruiting a Supplier Quality Technician on behalf of a major manufacturer with a global customer base.
The main purpose of this role is to provide line and business support in respect to supplier quality / improvement.
The key responsibilities/ duties of this role are as follows:
- Liaise with production on supplier related problems and determine action required to facilitate ongoing production
- Facilitate and raise reports to return defective material to suppliers.
- Drive root cause corrective action with supply base to prevent re-occurrence
- Where applicable arrange for rectification work on site by supplier or sub contractor
- Measure / report trends and issues in performance
- Support SQA manager / Engineer in resolving customer issues ensuring root cause corrective action.
- Supplier selection
- Supplier audit
- Define inspection criteria and communicate our expectations to the sub contractor
- Provide technical assistance to sub contractor
To be considered for this role candidates must possess the following attributes:
- Sound mechanical background.
- Relevant work experience in a similar Quality / Technical role
- Knowledge of supplier quality management and improvements
- Ability to read engineering drawings / specifications
For more information please contact Dan Russell on 01383 745 312
Job Reference: Req//194279
Closing Date: 30-Jul-2012