Vacancy posted: Monday, 23 Jul 2012
A leading defence industry specialist is looking to recruit a Quality Assurance Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Quality Manager you will be responsible for the development, implementation and continual improvement of appropriate policies and processes designed to meet customer and regulatory requirements within the framework of an ISO9001 certified Quality Management System.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist other departments with the identification and development of appropriate Quality Management System policies, processes and information in support of business activities.
- Provision of professional advice and guidance to other departments on all quality related matters in order to ensure compliance through effective quality planning and drive continual improvement.
- Participation in an audit programme to assess the continued adequacy of management arrangements and their effective implementation against a range of customer, regulatory and business requirements.
- Participation in investigations following event reporting.
- Management of Corrective Action and ensuring Prevention from Re-Occurrence, identifying root cause of non conformance and working with business areas in order to develop and implement timely and effective actions plans.
- Assessment of Suppliers capability through audit or other pre-use screening in support of the procurement process.
- Generation of formal weekly and monthly reports and monthly measures.
- Provision of lecturer support to the delivery of Quality based internal training courses to other departments
Previous demonstrable experience in a Quality Advisors role coupled with an in depth knowledge of legislation and regulation surrounding ISO 9001 is essential for this role
Successful candidates will be required to satisfy MOD security requirements
Contract Scotland is committed to equal opportunities and diversity for its employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.
Job Reference: LDA/PJP/18216
About Contract Scotland
Contract Scotland, "The Right People for Construction Recruitment in Scotland".
Founded in 1990, Contract Scotland has operated in the Scottish construction industry for longer than any of our competitors. Providing Technical and Professional staff on a Temporary and Permanent basis, we are recognised for providing a high quality service and in the past 4 years Contract Scotland has won 10 awards including "Best Construction Recruitment Firm UK" and "Best Small/Medium Recruitment Firm to Work For" at the Professional Recruiter Awards in 2008 as well as obtaining REC Audited status in 2006.
All our Consultants are salaried professionals, not working on heavily incentivised commission schemes and are put through the Industry Standard exams (REC Certificate & Diploma) to ensure the high quality service we provide. Our temporary workers are treated like an extension of our work force and we will present permanent options that suits your situation and skills.