Vacancy posted: Monday, 23 Jul 2012
The Development Manager will be responsible for finding, developing and growing new business opportunities with emphasis upon new commercial business.
The successful candidate will become an integral part of the team servicing an allocated panel of brokers and maximising conversion/retention rates and profitability within product guidelines.
* To grow Commercial business consistently and profitably
* To write a minimum amount of GWP of business each year, as agreed with the line manager
* To develop close, effective relationships with brokers
* To effectively negotiate with both internal and external parties including identified points of contact with a brokerage
* To maintain and develop internal and external customer relations
* To regularly visit broker partners and write their business
* To identify non performing broker accounts in terms of overall profitability, retention and new business ratios and take remedial steps to improve this business
* ACII qualification or progression towards qualification (Preferred but not essential)
* Demonstrable drive, self motivation and determination to achieve results
* Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills combined with a proven track record of relationship management and customer focus
* Strong influencing, negotiation and leadership skills
* Team player
* Outgoing and confident
If this is a position that you believe would suit your skills, please send your CV for immediate review.
All applications are handled in the strictest confidence.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business.
Job Reference: mcmanudr80723
Closing Date: 26-Jul-2012
About Reed Insurance
Reed Insurance are the UK's leading Financial Services and General Insurance recruiter.