Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 24 Jul 2012
**** PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU CURRENTLY HOLD THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE EU/UK. OUR CLIENT IS NOT ABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS SPECIFIC POSITION AT THIS TIME ****
· Assist and Control the receipt, issue and storage of all spare parts, materials and equipment in the warehouse and yard. Maintain close control over warehouse data system and shutdown material.
· Ensure hazardous materials are moved safely.
· Make sure all shipments leaving the facility are in line with the Company’s shipping procedures.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following)
· Supervise the warehouse/stores and Logistics personnel
· Supervise the Loading and unloading trucks if a safe manor using either a forklift truck or a crane
· Supervise all material movement and control as per the Company’s procedures.
· Participate in Forklift Operations
· Participate in Crane Operations and where required and trained act as a banksman.
· Be able to sling loads.
· Be able to secure loads with banding machines or cargo ratchet straps
· Ensure good Housekeeping skills in both the office, yard and warehouse
· Ensure compliance of current QHSE policy.
· Carry out a Stock check of Consumables and Customer Property out in the yard and warehouse. Communicate effectively with supervisors, office and workshop personnel
· Carry out checks on forklifts on a daily basis
· Ensure all Goods receipts notes are correct and signed for.
· Ensure all Goods dispatch notes are correct and signed for.
· Ensure any Stock Movement is moved on the database as soon as they are moved.
· Be responsible for his or her safety and the safety of others within the work place, working in a safe, tidy and efficient manner.
· Assisting to maintaining safety within the work place, tiding work areas during and after operations,
· Assist, coach and mentor young trainees or newer employees within the work place
· Fully comply with all the Company’s policies and procedures
· Shall be involved in Assisting with keeping a tidy work area.
Job Reference: VR/03296
About Thorpe Molloy Recruitment Ltd
Thorpe Molloy Recruitment provides professional resourcing services within the following specialisms: Executive Accountancy and Finance Business Development Commercial Contracts Human Resources IT Legal Office Personnel Marketing Professional Trades QHSE Supply Chain Candidates benefit from our strong, long term relationships formed across blue chip companies, international firms and local entrepreneurial businesses. In conjunction, our clients benefit from our rich talent pool of candidates, impartial advice and unrivalled local market knowledge. Recruiting across all market sectors we source permanent, temporary and part-time talent efficiently and effectively, from entry level vacancies through to director and board level appointments. Our aim is to deliver exceptional customer service to all our clients and candidates. To consistently achieve this we work to the Values which are at the heart of our organisation. Thorpe Molloy Recruitment is a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation.