Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 24 Jul 2012
Due to an internal promotion we are looking to recruit an Engineering Product Manager for a leading manufacturing organisation based in Central Scotland.
The Product Management function deals with the planning and marketing of the products at all stages of the product lifecycle. Product Management will be involved in a broad sum of diverse activities performed in the interest of delivering a particular product to market. It is the business process that actively manages products throughout their lifecycle. The product manager is the owner or champion of the product in totality and as such managers it like a business in its own right
With a background in med/heavy engineering with a Degree in a related subject preferred you will :
Have a good understanding of product applications, segment awareness, and influential forces and elements in a related industry sector.
- Understanding Return on Investment, P&L basics, and product margin calculations.
- Relevant product experience.
- Good statistical knowledge - able to process data from multiple sources and in various formats
- Sound technical knowledge.
- Must be well organised, able to plan own work and self start.
- A level of drive is required to persevere when all information is not clear or directly at hand.
- Able to communicate clearly, both written and oral, and be skilled at preparing and delivering presentations.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to converse at all levels within the business, and out with Customers.
- Focused on customer needs, listen openly and attentively to those needs, and able to translate those needs into plans and actions.
- Able to make decisions when backed by facts, data or logic and avoid conjecture or personal opinion.
Job Reference: UK668754
About Hudson Energy Infrastructure & Technical
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV. Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.