Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 25 Jul 2012
You will provide assistance to the College Management Team by contributing, as part of a team, to the secretarial and clerical activities of the College Office. Youwill also act as the receptionist for the College Office.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To assist two Personal Assistants and two Executive Assistants, in support of the Head of College, College Secretary and College Office.
2. To carry out a full range of administrative and clerical activities to support the College Office including, but not limited to; word processing, reprographic duties, electronic and hard-copy filing, processing and distribution of mail, photocopying, registering helpdesk support requests and answering telephone and email enquiries.
3. To monitor the office telephones and provide an efficient reception service for the College Office, greeting and attending to visitors, both external and internal to the organisation, and ensuring they are welcomed courteously.
4. To act as the first point of contact for all general enquiries to the College Office, over the phone and in person, and to deal with or redirect enquiries as appropriate.
5. To assist the Head of College’s PA with the management and printing of email correspondence.
6. To organise hospitality for a wide range of meetings in person and via Hospitality Services.
7. To assist with the organisation of meetings and committees, including scheduling of diaries and booking of venues and hospitality.
8. To carry out general housekeeping to maintain a well presented College Office, reception and kitchen area and to maintain stationery, printing and catering stocks.
9. To collate and circulate meeting papers in electronic and hard copy for the Head of College, College Secretary and other senior managers within the College Office as required.
10. To process purchase order requests and standing orders using the Agresso finance system and to respond to queries from suppliers.
11. To assist with the organising and booking of travel for the Head of College and College Secretary.
12. To manage the College Conference Room diary.
13. To assist with the maintenance of confidential filing systems, in hard copy and electronic format.
14. To collect and deliver documents, by hand, for the Head of College.
15. To undertake other appropriate duties as may be determined from time to time dependent on the needs of the service.
Terms & Conditions
Salary will be on the Management, Professional and Administrative Grade, level £15,151 - £17,329 per annum.
New entrants to the University will be required to serve a probationary period of 6 months.
The successful candidate will be eligible to join the University of Glasgow Pension Scheme (UGPS).
Vacancy Ref: 002386, closing date: 9 August 2012.
Job Reference: 002386
Closing Date: 09-Aug-2012