Vacancy posted: Sunday, 29 Jul 2012
My ever expanding Edinburgh based IT Reseller providing IT Sales, Service and Support to companies throughout Scotland are looking to employ an experienced Technical Support Technician.
We are currently looking to expand our excellent technical team and are currently seeking a support technician capable of technical fault-finding and equipment installation ideally with cross-platform knowledge of Windows and Mac OS in a professional business environment.
Successful applicant will be a good communicator and will possess the below skills.
Essential skills required:
• Experience of working in an IT support environment (min. 1 year)
• Microsoft Windows/Mac Operating System cross platform knowledge.
• Knowledge of most standard desktop applications and support techniques required for troubleshooting.
• Ability to install new equipment (Networking equipment, File and E-Mail Servers, Desktop Workstations, Software, Printers)
• Knowledge and understanding of standard network topology.
• Motivation to develop knowledge and skills and work at the cutting edge of technology.
• Confidence to perform professionally on-site within client's premises.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Ability to work as part of a close professional team but also to be able to show initiative while working independently
• Full driving license & Own Transport
• Hardware repair ability
• Previous experience of working with and supporting Microsoft, Adobe, Apple, QuarkXPress, EMC Insignia, Extensis and Filemaker software.
• Windows Server Topology & Policy Roll-out knowledge
• Knowledge of creative software in a graphic design environment.
• Sales / Consultancy experience
Please only apply if you feel that you have the skills and character that is required to become an integral part of Scotland's most innovative IT Company.
Job Reference: Tech2
About Tick Recruitment Ltd
Tick is a flat fee online recruitment service that will save you time and money. We offer recruitment agency services at a fraction of the cost. We also offer a money back guarantee.