Vacancy posted: Saturday, 28 Jul 2012
We currently have an excellent opportunity with one of our favourite clients for a Support / Deployment Specialist to deploy, configure and troubleshoot various software components into the test and production environments. They are always looking for ways to improve, so there are always a great choice of interesting technical projects on the go.
As Support / Deployment Specialist your key responsibilities will include;
- Deploy software components into environments & configure as required.
- Troubleshooting environmental problems.
- Monitor work queues and process RM requests promptly when received.
- Report on progress/issues to line management.
- Develop/review upgrade plans and comment as appropriate.
- Develop/update departmental documentation & adhere to organisational standards.
- Develop/update deployment automation methods.
- Create and update configuration management records.
For success in this role, we would need you to have the following;
- Strong practical experience of IT software development/delivery processes.
- Demonstrable experience of deployment and configuration of enterprise-gauge applications.
- Proven in-depth experience in at least four of the following technical areas: Websphere 4/6, MQ Series (inc WMQI) 5.3, Solaris (Unix), Scripting (Perl, ant, expect), Java, Oracle SQL Plus/SQL Loader.
- The ability to take ownership and responsibility in a high pressured environment.
- Very strong MS Office skills in Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with great attention to detail and tenacity.
- The willingness and flexibility to work on a rota basis, approximately one week in four.
Job Reference: 195043
Closing Date: 04-Aug-2012
About Harvey Nash
Harvey Nash, a global professional recruitment consultancy and IT outsourcing service provider, is committed to delivering the very best talent and IT solutions to a broad base of international clients. The Group is a trusted advisor to some of the world’s leading business, governments and institutions. Our talented professionals pursue the highest levels of integrity and quality in providing a unique portfolio of services: executive search, interim management, IT recruitment and IT outsourcing.