Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 1 Aug 2012
**** PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU CURRENTLY HOLD THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE EU/UK. OUR CLIENT IS NOT ABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS SPECIFIC POSITION AT THIS TIME ****
Brief Summary of Role:
· Sets and operates machine tools such as, but not limited to lathes, milling machines, boring machines, drills, grinders, gear hobbers etc., to machine components by performing various duties as required and as instructed by his/her supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties will be as assigned.)
· Reads complex and non-standard drawings, operation sheets and works orders for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut, and determines sequence of operations.
· Sets up and operates production machines on an individual and / or multi-machine operational basis.
· Verifies conformance of machines work piece to specifications, stamp / sign route card as necessary.
· Prioritise work-load in accordance with schedule and or supervisory instruction.
· Manually handles components and equipment safely and in accordance with relevant Health and Safety policies and procedure.
· Verifies conformance of machined work piece to specifications, stamp/sign route card as necessary.
· Sets up and operates machines and equipment other than machine tools as required.
· Records actual times and quantities and advises supervision of inadequate / excessive standards as appropriate.
· Ensures that machines are oiled, greased and kept clean.
· Reports operational difficulties such as faulty machines tool problems, material problems etc.
· Ensures that work environment is kept clean and tidy and that material, tools, gauges and consumables are correctly stored and easily accessible.
· Instructs and supervises trainees and other operators where training needs have been identified and agreed.
· The job holder will be required to do any other task, which is within their capabilities, which he/she has been trained to do and which complies with the companys Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
· The Company Philosophy:-The Company philosophy is to operate a continuous improvement environment embracing the aspects of "lean management" throughout all areas of the business. As such, it is the responsibility of all employees to participate and contribute towards business improvements that will ultimately improve customer service, quality and profitability.
· Ideally candidates should be time served, having completed a standard Engineering Apprenticeship or Modern Apprenticeship (ie having a minimum of either a PEO SVQ Level 2 and/or NVQ Level 3 Mechanical Engineering and/or ONC in Mechanical Engineering).
· Candidates should have some experience of working within a factory environment and on a variety of machines, working to fine tolerances and using a selection of gauges, micronometers and other types of standard hand and powered tools; must be able to work in both metric and imperial measurements.
· Candidates should be able to work from detailed Engineering drawings and preferably be able to set up and run CNC and non CNC machines, lathes, milling machines or grinders.
Job Reference: VR/03223
About Thorpe Molloy Recruitment Ltd
Thorpe Molloy Recruitment provides professional resourcing services within the following specialisms: Executive Accountancy and Finance Business Development Commercial Contracts Human Resources IT Legal Office Personnel Marketing Professional Trades QHSE Supply Chain Candidates benefit from our strong, long term relationships formed across blue chip companies, international firms and local entrepreneurial businesses. In conjunction, our clients benefit from our rich talent pool of candidates, impartial advice and unrivalled local market knowledge. Recruiting across all market sectors we source permanent, temporary and part-time talent efficiently and effectively, from entry level vacancies through to director and board level appointments. Our aim is to deliver exceptional customer service to all our clients and candidates. To consistently achieve this we work to the Values which are at the heart of our organisation. Thorpe Molloy Recruitment is a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation.