Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 1 Aug 2012
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible, self-motivated individual to join the Social Work Department working within the Social Work Headquarters/Childcare Admin team based in Southbank House, Kirkintilloch.
Your responsibilities will include providing administrative support to Social Work Managers and staff, assisting the Team Co-ordinator by organising the various functions within the admin team to ensure that a high quality service is delivered to the Social Work staff. Under the direction of the Team Co-ordinator you will also assist with the administration of various budget functions, including inputting, monitoring and reconciling information on a regular basis and reporting this timeously.
Essential requirements for this post include a good standard of education, good written and oral communication skills, excellent computer and keyboard skills, minute taking experience and excellent organisational skills.
It is desirable for you to have an HNC in administration or equivalent, experience of working with budgets and knowledge of Social Work information systems.
You will have relevant experience in delivering high quality, customer focused administration support with the ability to work to timescales and on your own initiative and be able to plan and prioritise workloads.
You will be an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with an interest in Social Work and a desire to work in a busy and interesting environment. You will have the ability to work both unsupervised and as part of a team and possess excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
The post will be available initially for a period of 6 months.
CHARTER OF COMMITMENT
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Link to East Dunbartonshire Council website
Job Reference: EAD002391
Closing Date: 15-Aug-2012
About East Dunbartonshire Council
East Dunbartonshire lies to the north of Glasgow bounded by the Campsie Fells and the Kilpatrick Hills. It is a strategically significant location for economic, social and environmental development between the city and the gateway to the Highlands through the West Highland Way and eastwards through the Kelvin Valley. With a population of 104,570, East Dunbartonshire is in the mid-range of Scottish local authorities in terms of population and covers an area of 77 square miles. It comprises an attractive mixture of urban and rural areas that included the following suburban and rural settlements of Bearsden, Bishopbriggs, Kirkintilloch, Milngavie, Lenzie, Milton of Campsie, Lennoxtown, Torrance and Twechar.